PERSkring was created in the year 1975 under the leadership of Philippe Renders and Nadina Peeters.
Throughout the years PERSkring developed into the student association that we know today. PERSkring is for all students of communication sciences and organizes versatile activities. From student events such as cantusses and TDs to study-related activities, such as job fairs and a course service.
PERS also underwent some important historical changes:
- In 1989, our faculty had various student associations, namely PERS, GerRom and Historia
- n 1992 there were PRESkring, GerRom and Historia-Filosofia
- The final merger of GerRom and Historia-Filosofia in 1993 led to the establishment of LWK. PERSkring continued to exist separately.
- In 2013, communication sciences from faculty L&W (LWK) changed to ES (KEPS & Solvay) and PERSkring also followed the faculty change.
- As of 2017, PERSkring also represents the Social Sciences students at the VUB!